Friday, June 14, 2013

Fighting

There are times where we can feel so stressed and burdened by what is going on around us that it can actually drive us to complete silence with God. It's as if our own sin is acting as a gag on us completely keeping us from crying out to God. We start feeling like we are bound by sin and evil, unable to find our joy in God again. Unable to pray.

I was having a conversation with David Borrego (literally an hour before typing this) about stresses and finding joy again. He said to me, "See, what I do is just think about Jesus. I think about what the Gospel is as a whole. I try to fight the good fight. John Piper talks about fighting for joy and that's what I do I fight everyday."

That is exactly what I needed to hear. Lately, whenever I have been praying I felt as if I wasn't getting my point across or voicing my needs to God. But The Spirit knew exactly what I was trying to say even though I couldn't piece together the words, God understood what I was praying for (Romans 8:26). God, through David, told me to keeping fighting, to keep fighting for joy everyday. I have to remember what Christ did for the world and to be filled by this truth.



Here is a great blog post by Ray Ortlund about the inability to pray and how the Holy Spirit intercedes for us http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2013/06/14/when-you-cant-even-pray/ . This influenced the blog today.

No comments:

Post a Comment