Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hate Sin

A big reason as to why I was an atheist early on in my life was because I was baffled as to why such a "loving" God would allow such heartache and violence happen all across our globe. I used 9/11, Columbine, random terrorist attacks, and other tragic events as "proof" that there was no God. But I was only looking at the surface. Now I am a follower of Christ and I now understand. (This next idea didn't come from me originally but from a blogger at The Gospel Coalition. She wrote about the Sandy Hook shooting. Her name escapes me but I am giving the credit to her.) These horrible world tragedies aren't God's fault, Its sin's fault. When the bombs at the Boston Marathon exploded (Killing three people)our initial reaction shouldn't be "Why have you done this God!?" but it should be "I hate sin." Sin caused this. Sin brings on destruction. The sins of people causes them to commit terrible acts of violence. But they are not the only ones with sin, we also sin daily. This is what our sin and everybody else's sin in the world is capable of doing. I don't know about you but I hate my sin more today than I did yesterday. I pray that God brings peace and understanding to the people who are hurting here, Boston, and everywhere else in the world. I pray that we all realize that Christ died for our sins so we didn't have to suffer for all of eternity. He died the death we deserved and lived the life we couldn't live.

No comments:

Post a Comment